EnerDel’s Engineering Services
Our dedicated engineering staff work from the cell development phase through pack design and product implementation. We perform testing and validation at every level of product development, which includes safety and abuse testing.
EnerDel prides itself on delivering safe and reliable product to our customers, The hands-on work that is applied by our engineering team ensures that safety is met not only with our team here but for our customers and their end users.
• Cell, module, pack and system engineering
• Mechanical, electrical and thermal engineering
• Battery management system software and hardware
• Safety processes and procedures
• Battery testing and validation techniques
• Reliability and compliance engineering
EnerDel’s facilities boast a wide range of analytical tools that provide our engineer’s accessibility and confidence when developing and producing our products.
- Scanning electron microscope with elemental analysis
- Differential scanning calorimeter and thermogravimetric analyzer
- Gas chromatograph with mass spectrometer
- Fourier transform infrared spectrometer
- Raman spectrometer with microscope
- Electrochemical analyzer with environmental chamber
- Powder analysis: particle size analyzer, BET surface area, true and tap density analysis
- Optical microscopes
- Metallographic mounting and polishing equipment
- Karl Fischer (water analysis) titrators
- Pull strength tester
- Nearly 200 channels of small R&D cell cyclers
- Various ovens, analytical balances, viscometers, multimeters, and calipers
With the tools that we have in-house, we perform cell, module, pack, and system level testing. We perform safety and abuse testing at the cell level in-house; safety and abuse testing above the cell level is performed at trusted partner facilities. We have hundreds of channels of lower current cell cyclers (10A/30A, 0 to 5 V) and higher current cell cyclers (150 A, 0 to 18 V). In addition, many channels of module cyclers (30 kW) and pack/system cyclers (135 kW to 250 kW) are utilized. Additionally, all cell cyclers are equipped with environmental chambers with temperature ranges of -68°C to +180°C. Larger environmental chambers, including a walk-in chamber, are available for module, pack, and system testing.